In today’s fast-paced world, podcasts designed specifically for black female entrepreneurs offer a convenient and empowering way to work on personal and professional growth. These podcasts provide tailored insights, inspiration, and opportunities for networking for a population of entrepreneurs that are usually time poor, understaffed and under-funded. In this blog post, I share 16 podcasts you should check out, but in case you’re not convinced, here’s how podcasts help Black women founders build capacity and thrive:
1. Knowledge on the Go
- Podcasts allow you to optimize your time by learning during daily routines like commuting or doing household chores.
- Tune in to these podcasts to gain valuable knowledge and insights shared by thought leaders and experts who understand the unique challenges faced by black women in business.
2. Tailored Support and Inspiration
- These podcasts feature interviews and discussions with successful black female entrepreneurs, serving as powerful role models who offer guidance, motivation, and inspiration.
- Gain valuable information, inspiration, and potential contacts for collaborations on your own platforms such as blogs, vlogs, podcasts, or events.
3. Community and Networking Opportunities
- Connect with like-minded black female entrepreneurs through these podcasts, creating a supportive network that understands and uplifts your experiences.
- Engage with the podcast hosts and guests, potentially opening doors for collaborations, partnerships, or guest appearances on other platforms.
4. Staying Current with Trends
- Stay informed about the latest trends, strategies, and opportunities within the black female entrepreneurial community.
- Discover cutting-edge developments, emerging strategies, and innovative ideas that can give you a competitive edge in your business endeavors.
5. Overcoming Challenges and Bias
- Gain insights on navigating the unique challenges and biases faced by black women in business.
- Learn from the experiences of successful black female entrepreneurs, who share strategies for overcoming obstacles and thriving in the face of adversity.
Black Business Podcasts
- Side Hustle Pro – Host Nicaila Matthews Okome shines the spotlight on black women entrepreneurs who have scaled their businesses, going from small side hustles to profitable companies. Learn from the success stories of other sisters!
- Sisternomics – Sisternomics is a podcast for black women entrepreneurs who want the most practical mindset, marketing and business building tips for reaching their next income level. The episodes are rich, thoughtful and authentic, with relevant topics to the Black woman in business and a host who is as thoughtful and inspiring as her powerful guests.
- Your First Million – Host Arlan Hamilton, the founder and managing partner of investment firm Backstage Capital, goes behind the scenes on business deals and teaches you how to help your small business make your first million dollars.
- Brown Ambition – Hosts Mandi Woodruff and Tiffany Aliche talk finance, freelancing, and more on this approachable weekly podcast about overcoming business challenges on your way to success.
- Beauty, Brains, and Business – Host Dr. Carey Yazeed focuses on supporting and showcasing female entrepreneurs and professional women at all stages of their careers. Listen in for resources, information, success stories, and more!
- Happy Black Woman – Host Rosetta Thurman, a business coach and mentor, runs this podcast for ambitious black women ready to transform their mindsets, find inspiration, and create the lives and businesses they’ve always wanted.
- In Good Company – Host Otegha Uwagba draws on her experience as a career coach and business founder to host this show for working women, offering practice advice, fresh ideas, and interviews with successful peers.
- Studio 78 – Host Nache’ Snow interviews women entrepreneurs across the creative industries, giving them a place to tell their stories so others can learn how to start their own side hustles or business endeavors.
- Hello Seven – Host Rachel Rodgers helps her listeners take their businesses to 7-figure earnings by creating intellectual property and using that IP to help them scale. Tune in for tried-and-true strategies from Rodgers, an IP lawyer herself.
- The Glow Up – In this weekly podcast, hosts Casey Carter and Naomi Brown talk arts and entrepreneurship! As their site puts it best, the podcast is about helping arts and entertainment entrepreneurs “figure out the mindset and tactics that let them play the game, and not get played by the game.”
- Dear Diaspora – a podcast celebrating the African diaspora – its change-makers, innovators and entrepreneurs working to make our world a better one to live in. If you’re passionate about entrepreneurship, social change, professional development, and want to be inspired–then this is the podcast for you!
- Therapy for Black Girls – This weekly podcast is a conversation with Dr. Joy Harden Bradford, a licensed psychologist, about all things mental health and personal development. Dr. Bradford focuses on the little things and the small decisions that can help listeners become the best possible versions of themselves.
- Afro Yoga – Host Angie Franklin, who’s also an entrepreneur and small business owner, creates this fun and relatable podcast for women seeking sisterhood, transformation, and opportunities for wellness. The podcast touches on everything from Kemetic yoga to self-care and entrepreneurship.
- Affirm – Host Davia Roberts, a former therapist and licensed professional counselor, talks frankly about wellness, mental health, and trauma in this podcast for women of color. (Podcast is complete as of October 2019.)
- Balanced Black Girl – Host Lestraundra “Les” Alfred, a personal trainer and nutrition coach, encourages her listeners to set and reach their health and fitness goals.
- The Black Girl Bravado – Hosts Germani Manning and Brittany Lackey explore topics of mental health, wellness, and spirituality, building community and providing motivation through humor and honesty.
Finally, Affordable Sales Techniques!
Download your free guide to affordable and practical ways to bring in more customers.